Keel guard

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neseadoo

I just picked up a new GTI and was thinking about putting a keel guard strip on it. I have never had this before but this is my first new pwc. What are people's thoughts on this?

I just picked up a new GTI and was thinking about putting a keel guard strip on it. I have never had this before but this is my first new pwc. What are people's thoughts on this?

Seen it done more than once. Not for everyone. If you beat the sht outa your ski or plan to...rough beachn ect...I might could see it. Otherwise...I'd leave it alone.

I put one on my xp. I did it for more protection on the keel since it was pretty beat up. Even after filling it in I wanted extra protection.

I put one on my xp. I did it for more protection on the keel since it was pretty beat up. Even after filling it in I wanted extra protection.

hey suke, did that keel gaurd effect with the way it handles and or speed?

I don't think any keel guard works on the newer seadoos. I had them on my 97 GTX and 98 GSX and worked great. When I
moved up to 2002's the newer hull design (a narrow ridge at the top widning out prevented the keel guard from adhering
correctly). Unless you modified them by cutting them narrower no go and if you did that you would probably still have
gluing issues at the edges.

Saying that I highly recommend them. No affect on the handling nor speed.

If you locate a version that works please post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back