Just Ordered Up a Transom Light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright fellas, here she is:

Final Light On.jpg

Batt Switch Box Final.jpg

I didn't have a switched circuit large enough to handle the 6A this light requires. So I wired it to fused link off the 40A switched side of the main breaker located behind the battery switch cover panel. I like the way everything works. Can't wait to get it in the water. Too bad it's going to rain tomorrow.

Here's a video of the modes it has with the remote. And you get a better idea of it's brightness.

http://youtu.be/hvCR48AHToU

If you want, I can provide a full write up with pics.

Looks awesome! If I understand your setup, you are wired to the battery circuit, using the remote control to handle the on/off function, instead of a physical switch?

Also, can you provide a link to the light you bought? My 210 may be sporting one of those soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome! If I understand your setup, you are wired to the battery circuit, using the remote control to handle the on/off function, instead of a physical switch?

Also, can you provide a link to the light you bought? My 210 may be sporting one of those soon.

I was originally going to wire this up off the courtesy light switch. After finding out this light will draw 6A, I realized I didn't have an open fused circuit available to handle the load.

So here's the wiring I went with:

Ran a 7.5A fused hot off the 40A breaker located behind the battery switch cover to the input side of a 2 position (on/off) switch.
From the load side of the switch I ran power to the light remote. The hot out of the light remote goes into the resister.
Hot comes out of the resister and connects to blue line (power) from light.

The 2 grounds from the light remote were run to the engine bay and connected to the brown (negative) wire from the light and then all 3 were terminated with a ring terminal end and grounded to the battery.

The light I ordered is here: https://boatpluglight.com/collections/transom-mounted-led-lights/products/dagon-5150-8000-lumen-transom-mount

I used a simple on/off switch with a blue cover (to match the lights). If the cover is down, the light is off. Super easy when asking someone else (wife or friends) to turn them on or off this way. Switch is similar to this:

Switch.jpg

Switch and resister wiring:

Box1.jpg

Box 2.jpg

Box3.jpg

Any more questions, just let me know.

Sweet !!! I seen this done on a Yamaha 242 Limited out on the lake at night, it looked great. Might be a thing to consider on my new to us boat I just bought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back