Just 3 bleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken gtx 1998

Hi all . Hope your well. I'm new to jet ski but have a seadoo gtx 1000cc 1998. I put key on and ignition comes on. No bleeps. Press start button and bleep.. Then press again and get 3 bleeps then nothing. It's new battery new solenoid new sparks . And still nothing. If had it running by stsrt button and turns off. It's just hit and miss. Now getting nothing only what I explained. Any1 no what I should do b4 I burn it lol. Thanks for taking the time to read

So, you have a 1998 GTX Limited with the 947 engine (950 cc displacement).

What do you mean, "I put key on and ignition comes on"? The ski tries to start when you put the DESS key on?

By all accounts - just guessing here....you have an electrical problem involving the DESS post and the Start button......have you tried checking all your electric connections in the ski, looking for corrosion, water in the connectors, continuity.....I'd start with that AND I'd make sure all my bolted / screwed electric connections are clean, bright, tight and dry.

Thanks for reply .. yes when I put the key on.. the ignition comes on straight away and tells me what way I am facing. With no warning lights. Then when I press the start button it bleep once. Display stays they same. Then when I press start button again I get 3 bleeps and it all turns off. Solenoid don't click and nothing else happens. Everything turns off till I do it all again and same thing. Thanks. I will check all the above of what you said .

Thanks for reply .. yes when I put the key on.. the ignition comes on straight away and tells me what way I am facing. With no warning lights. Then when I press the start button it bleep once. Display stays they same. Then when I press start button again I get 3 bleeps and it all turns off. Solenoid don't click and nothing else happens. Everything turns off till I do it all again and same thing. Thanks. I will check all the above of what you said .
Sorry.....again......you keep saying "ignition"....what do YOU mean by "ignition"?

Here is how your typical jet ski SHOULD behave:

1) Press the Start button (no DESS key installed)...the guages should light up, the ski is "awake". This indicates that at least you have battery power flowing through the ski.
2) Install the DESS key...the ski should chirp twice.....meaning the MPEM (computer) recognizes the DESS key....this will allow the ski to "possibly" start and you know your buzzer is working.
3) With DESS key installed, 2 chirps, press Start button....the ski gives the signal to the solenoid - should hear a "click" (solenoid bar shoots up internally and makes contact between the two solenoid posts), this action supplies full battery power to the starter motor, the starter motor bendix gear shoots forward and engages the engine flywheel, the flywheel starts turning and pumping the pistons creating compression and vacuum, the vacuum sucks fuel into the cylinders through the carb(s), the MPEM releases the signal to the ignition coil to fire the spark plugs, Spark + Fuel + Compression = BOOM inside the cylinders, the engine takes over the pumping, you release the Start button (which drops out the starter motor - not needed anymore) and the ski should be running on its own now. so you see, a lot of things have to happen in a coordinated manner in order for the ski to actually start. If something along the way is amiss, the ski may not start easily or at all.

So, if you connect the DESS key and you don't get the 2 chirps to begin with......more than likely the ski doesn't recognize the DESS (security key) and the ski won't be able to start.

Are you sure you have the right DESS key programmed to this particular ski?

Hi ..thanks again for reply. Sorry what I mean is when I put key on.. the display lights up . But don't always get 2 bleeps. If i press start button then I get 2 bleeps. Then press again and get 3 bleeps and it goes off. Shuts down. I can't hear clicking of solinode . Iv had the ski started a few times and running . But it just seems hit and miss. Thanks for your help.

Hi ..thanks again for reply. Sorry what I mean is when I put key on.. the display lights up . But don't always get 2 bleeps. If i press start button then I get 2 bleeps. Then press again and get 3 bleeps and it goes off. Shuts down. I can't hear clicking of solinode . Iv had the ski started a few times and running . But it just seems hit and miss. Thanks for your help.
Well OK then.....you state you've have the ski started and running....that's good. At least we know the DESS key is recognized, etc....your problems definately sound "electrical" in nature and I'd start running through all the wiring, connectors, fuses, EVERYTHING....looking for corrosion, water, etc.....you'd be amazed at what HAVOC a little corrosion will cause.....can be a very frustrating task, but not necessarily an expensive one.....good luck.

Yes had the ski running and starting. Just a pain lol. Thank you very much for your help. At least i no it's not a bad key and it's the correct 1 for ski. Let you no how I get on after looking at cables and connectors. Many thanks

Yes had the ski running and starting. Just a pain lol. Thank you very much for your help. At least i no it's not a bad key and it's the correct 1 for ski. Let you no how I get on after looking at cables and connectors. Many thanks
Happy hunting......patience will be the key to success with this one....just be methodical.

Hi. Think I found a problem which it could be. The start stop button wires are corroded and damaged . So will need replacing or new 1. Only thing is.. when I touch the 2 together it doesn't do anything . If the ski is off. Put the wires together and nothing . Should I get something

Attachments

• 20200710_122840.jpg
    20200710_122840.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200710_122845.jpg
    20200710_122845.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200710_122830.jpg
    20200710_122830.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.