Joined the dark side and bought a 4 stroke

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickj718

After many years of owning multiple seadoo 2 stroke skis and boats, I finally found the boat I have been looking for.

This boat has been a favorite of mine since I found out about them having the ultra reliable twin 155 rotax option. I picked this one up 3 weeks ago and its near showroom condition with zero fading and 54.6 hours.

Here is the bought when I bought it 3 weeks ago-

And now with a few touches. (Not finished yet) I added dive lights, interior lights, radio, speakers, two batteries, decals, swim platform turf, and detailed the hell out of it. Next will be solas impellers, wakeboard tower, and a subwoofer.

Nice boat! How does it ride in the chop and what kind of performance are you seeing with it?

The reason I ask is I was looking to buy the same boat, but it was in nowhere near as good a condition as yours. It needed a lot of TLC to get it back to the condition yours is in. The deal breaker though was the dealer wasn't very willing to let me test drive it despite there being a boat launch only minutes away. His response was, "maybe if you come back in a couple days"....Seriously? I drove 5h to see the boat so that wasn't happening. If it had been in pristine condition I may of bought it without a test drive, but it was pretty obvious the previous owner had neglected it. Anyhow, the next day I drove 5h in the other direction and bought my 06 Challenger 180 for $6000 less. It's too bad though as the Utopia would of been better suited for the water I boat on. The 180 is pretty rough riding and takes water over the bow way too easily.

[MENTION=31785]gb387[/MENTION] The boat is a 2007

[MENTION=84949]C9R0J0[/MENTION] This boat does extremely well in chop and is faster than I could have imagined. I had a 96 Challenger, 97 challenger 1800, 99 speedster sk, 18' Glastron sx175 I/O and a 99 challenger 1800 before this boat. I con honestly say that this boat is the best out of every single one in both performance and maneuverability. The boat with 41 gallon of fuel, 25lbs in anchors, 6 jackets, bumpers, ropes, and tubes did 48 mph on decent water. That was recorded on both gps and the speedo which is only 1 mph off. Im also very happy that I found one with twin 155 n/a motors as the reliability can't be beat in my opinion. The boat is larger than the challenger and speedster as far as the interior space goes which was also very important to me.

Goes to show if your patient and look around you can find an awesome super clean low hour boat. Took us about 3 months to find the right one, I didn't think that was long.

Did you have to do any work or cleaning? Or is it as we see it?

I detailed the hell out of it to get it as glossy as it is today. It literally looks brand new the old decals didn't even leave marks when they were removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back