Joined the 4tec ranks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been wanting a four stroke ski for a while now. I've had my fair share of two strokes but I really liked the smooth refined power of the 4tec. Rode a few on seadoos test ride tour last summer and almost bought a GTR. A few weeks ago a rented a 13 RXT260 for the day in FL, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. I was always nervous about the superchargers so I was initially looking for a 155 GTX or Wake. Sold of my two stroke skis a couple weeks ago and have been looking since. This afternoon I stumbled upon a 04 RXP215. Original owner, 79hrs, and clean. Not a tear, scuff, or fade anywhere. Supercharger was rebuilt 12hrs ago to 2012 specs. It was a full rebuild not just washers, I got all the old parts that were replaced. Also has a Riva scoop grate, CAI, catch can, Solas prop, and I even got the nifty little cover for the back of the seat to make it look like a solo seat. Plus all the original parts that were removed. Ski, trailer, cover, and a file full of receipts for dealer maintainace since day one for a grand total of 3700. I think I did OK, can't wait to ride it more than the water test I did today

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373860081956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373860081956.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to the other side.

I love my skis. Both with the 4-tech engines. You will love the SC engine.

Thanks guys! Hopefully this ski will treat me as well as all my two strokes have. I love the smooth refined power this thing has. Can't wait to get home to take it out

Sent from my Galaxy S3

def a great machine just make sure u follow regular maint before and after riding it, like checking that the battery cables are tight, right OCOD, lmao ,not fun when u ended up with a burned battery and have to be towed for a two hours ride, other than that u get minors issues from time to time,nothing serious, plus it feels great having one of the faters skis when u ride with friends imo

I'd like to start doing more long haul riding with it. I had an 01 GTX a few years ago which had the size for longer rides but I never really trusted the 951. Mine ran great but too many horror stories. We have plans to move to FL in the begining of 2014 so I think it'll be a great ski to bring down there with us

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Were looking in the clearwater/dundin/st pete area. I'd love to do one of tgos miami to bimini trips I see on youtube though

Sent from my Galaxy S3

It seems like it'd be an incredible experience. No only because you're doing it on a ski but also the sights ans the places you can dive/snorkel

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back