Jetski Fishing Channel - BIG Fat New Zealand Snapper!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys and Girls,

This weeks episode sees an amazing mornings fishing land some nice big FAT New Zealand snapper using a rig called the Captains Rig and soft baits. Do you guys use that type of rig there? Check it out.

[video=youtube;XfNxTHuEVzA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfNxTHuEVzA[/video]

Dont forget to go to www.facebook.com/jetskifishingchannel and Like us so you can get Facebook updates of the show as we post it online each week.

Some great looking Snapper. I'm not much of a fisherman, but I have a couple of questions.
With a hook as big as you are using doesn't it hurt the fish when removed and does it kill the fish eventually after releasing it back into the sea?

Some great looking Snapper. I'm not much of a fisherman, but I have a couple of questions.
With a hook as big as you are using doesn't it hurt the fish when removed and does it kill the fish eventually after releasing it back into the sea?

Hi, no fish don't really have many nerves in their lips, and most are very hardy regardless of where they are hooked, as long as they are not gut hooked. If fish are handled carefully, they can be very successfully released to live a long life. This has been proven by tagging where a fish gets a tag popped in it's back when caught, the info recorded, and the when someone catches it, the location, size etc are compared against the original info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back