Jet Ski Adventure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've just discovered this great forum and hoping that I'll finally find out some real answers from hardcore jetski funs like you.

OK, here's my story. I'm planning a jetski adventure along the Croatian coast with another friend - about 450 km (about 300 miles) in total. The plan is to ride our jets as close to the coast as possible in batches not longer than 1 hour. probably about 2-3 hours a day. I must say we are not into light-speed, rough ride, wave-busting or any other similar hardcore jetskiing. Rather, it's about cruising along the most beautiful coast, visiting small islands and having a stop here and there, as we please.

Now the best part. We have a very limited jetski experience - about 2 hours ride in total!!?? And we don't even have jetskis yet!!! OK, funding is not a problem. I know you're loughing now but I guess I have to start somewhere.

What do you think? Possible? Crazy? Go for it? Get some proper training first? What things should I watch for? What's the most obvious danger? What equipment should I 'must' have? Any comment, idea, contribution, encouragement, give-it-up-mate warning would be really appreciated? Please help - I really want to do this!! Thanks a lot....

Crazy?

Your either crazy or old!........:rofl:
No, it really sounds like fun. I don't think it's much the time on the ski that matters, but the time you've spent in the oceans that you plan to ride around. What they are like, how they change. The amount of winds and so forth. Then, there IS the age issue. Are you young enough and good physical condition to do it? Because, even with good intentions, the seas can turn on you in an instant and you'll have to have the physical endurance to make it to safety..........
So, if your not over 50 and in good health, I say go for it!.......sounds fun.

:agree: Also be aware of you soroundings...like sharks, gas stations, repair shops just in case, shelters from any bad weather and a rescue plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back