jet pump oil??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chillholm

Gidday!

Is it alright to use another synthetic oil for my 99gtx jet pump i.e pennsoil 75w-140 synthetic?

Happy to use the Bombadier brand it's just that the seadoo shop is a little further away than the local automotive store.

you can get by with any 75W-90 oil - the fact that you are changing it to begin with and checking it puts you way ahead of many owners (not on this forum) who wonder later on what went wrong...
gidday!
bobby

jet pump

were is it at and how do you check or change? im new to the seadoos just got me a couple and would like to do all the maintence and take care and make them last thanks i have a 98 seadoo gsx and a 03 yamha xl 700

were is it at and how do you check or change? im new to the seadoos just got me a couple and would like to do all the maintence and take care and make them last thanks i have a 98 seadoo gsx and a 03 yamha xl 700

remove the 10mm nut/bolt from steering and if applicable, the reverse cable, then remove the 4-13mm bolts, securing the nozzle assy on the pump. Once removed, the "cone" will be visible. Theres an allen set screw on top left, thats your refill screw, but remove the 3-metric bolts, pull/tap with rubber mallot on cone to remove, tilt trailer up, to expell the old oil, then dump it down, to refill. Make sure, when re-installing the cone, you do not pinch the o-ring...:cheers:

re: jet pump

remember to use loctite518 (gasket type) to seal her up again against water and a loctite threader for the nuts and bolts. As per the Manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back