Islandia reverse problem, dangerous.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappy

I have a 2006 Islandia- (45 hours) When in neutral it trys to "jump" into reverse. I assume it is taking too much thrust & pulling gate down? What/where do I adjust to raise? Is there a spring mechanism I am not seeing for tension? Or is this a Shifter issue? Note: On trailor and standing at rear of boat if I "lift" into Forward it "locks" in that position; neutral & reverse can be moved by hand on gate.
(Told this is not like my old PWC where I "played" the reverse/neutral to work)

Thanks!

No one ever answered from this site but another site said there is a rod to adjust the gate? (catching a little too much thrust and puilling down) I cannot see one that is adjustable (only a fixed sleeve) so I am going to stop by a Sea Doo dealer and see if service can point me to where. Will let you know if so - let me know if you find out anything.

reverse

Had same problem on my 07 Islandia. Dealer adjusted (?) - no more drop into reverse
BUT
- Started having an issue with hard shift from Forward to Neutral and Reverse to Neutral. - About to make another visit to shop. About had a disaster last weekend.

Anyone have another thought??

Neutral to reverse jump

Thanks; seems like this should be a simple adjustment somewhere. Stays in Forward & Reverse so should just be a cable adjust to raise gate a little or something? Boat running great and hate to take in and leave at dealer. Quite a wait now in Arizona-its Laketime!

Tension is in the FNR lever...

There is no built-in tension or detent in the thrust reverser back on the jetdrive. The detents and retention are handled by the FNR lever up front. I'd say you need to first confirm the thrust reverser is properly adjusted for travel (out of the thrust when in full forward, etc.). Next I'd open up the FNR assembly and see what's going on inside. There is an adjustment there for tension, for example.

Report back!

Neutral-reverse

Thanks! Will pull the FNR this week and check.
Assume no tension at FNR either then- anything to watch out for as it comes out?

Nothing special...

I've pulled mine (to fix a broken wire that runs to the throttle guardian module) and it just comes right up. No "parts to fall off" or anything like that.

Thanks - for all the ideas. Will look to the F-N-R assembly for adj., bind or lack of lube.

FYI - I use Parker SeaDoo for service - normal turn around is about 4 hours.

SWJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back