Islandia Mercury Sportjet 240 EFI Gen2 Alarm ONE 1 Beep - HELP needed.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

I am looking for suggestions for solutions for my current issue. We have reverse flushed the engine. We flushed it at the housing where the thermostat would go (if you had them). We flushed each side for about 20 mins.
Initial issue…. First time in the water this year (ambient temperature was roughly 75°) we ran it at cruising speed for about 30 mins, shut it off and floated around for about an hour. Started it back up and ran maybe 5 mins and we got ONE 1 beep alarm, the engine power shut off (limp mode) but power came right back. We could idle but any throttle resulted in the alarm and temporary limp mode. Today…. We reverse flushed it and took it back to the river to test it. Ambient temperature today is 78°- 83°. We let it warm up for 5 mins, went to wide open throttle for 5 minutes or so everything seemed to be fine. Then I got one beep but no limp mode. Continued to run it maybe 3-4 more minutes and got another alarm.
SO……. NOW what do I do? There is NO MECHANIC in my area that will touch it. Could it be just one of the Port or Starboard engine temperature sensors? I am at a loss as where to go from here.
Note: I am just ASSUMING that it’s an overheat alarm.
Fuel/water separator filter has been replaced last week (no water in the old one)

What else could the ONE 1 Beep alarm be?

I am not a mercury expert,,,but on a seadoo,,,1 long beep is overheating,,,just wondering if you have blockage in the pump,,,that could definitely diminish water flow into the engine,,,

Ok… I’m definitely not gonna argue…. Now someone just tell me how the heck to check that! We’ve back flushed it through the engine but where would we check for blockages in the pump? The only thing I can think of is by taking the intake grate off but then there’s the shaft and impeller….
What would be the symptom if I just had a bad sensor?
And when you say Seadoo you do mean Seadoo boat with Mercury engine?

@Dr Honda has been helping me and I’ll keep updating the tread as I have them.

Last edited:
Found out today from Dr. Honda that my engine has a Water Pressure Sensor and that might also be the cause of my issue.
I still don’t know. Can’t find anyone to read my codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back