Islandia Cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0329.JPGIMG_0330.JPGhere is the top opened. The aft supports are attached with screws, not quick release pins, so I thought they were intended to stay connected. I thought it would pivot forward, but there is no way to support it there, plus it would not fit under the cover. The quick pin connection clevises are secured with Allen screws to the frame and are aft of the rear lower sockets when top is pivoted aft. How did you make the short poles?

Just replace the screws with clevis pins.
I got a junk piece of pole from a local boat / marina store and bought 4 of the end caps. Cut the pole to length and attached the caps. My first attempt I had the pole too long and had to saw off another inch. As you can see there’s only maybe an inch to inch 1/2 space between the two end caps.
I can’t remember what size diameter the pole is but it’s the same as what the rest of the frame is made from.

And sorry ... I asked for pics again because I misunderstood and thought your Bimini covered more of the boat.

View attachment 38215View attachment 38216here is the top opened. The aft supports are attached with screws, not quick release pins, so I thought they were intended to stay connected. I thought it would pivot forward, but there is no way to support it there, plus it would not fit under the cover. The quick pin connection clevises are secured with Allen screws to the frame and are aft of the rear lower sockets when top is pivoted aft. How did you make the short poles?

Does anyone who has the Poppy cover keep it on while docked? Was wondering if the rear section sits in the water.

Mine doesn’t wrap around the edges like that at all. It snaps into dome snaps all around the perimeter and leaves the bow and stern swim platforms completely uncovered.

It’s so well fitted I assumed it must be OEM, but who knows? I’ll take a picture soon to upload.
Pix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back