Islandia Cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mortified

I need to get a new cover for my 2005 Islandia. What is the best cover for the money that you guys recommend?

Poppy is the only good one, that is easy to get. I think covermate has a fitted cover, but I haven't seen one up close.

I need to get a new cover for my 2005 Islandia. What is the best cover for the money that you guys recommend?

Go with Poppy Covers for sure! They are like the original Seadoo cover. If you take good care of it then it should last several years. Will save you list of money with interior repairs.

I have an OEM cover in good shape but I find that water still gets in in a heavy rain either around the front steps, or sometimes the rear pole comes out and that section sags. Would I have better luck with a Poppy cover?

Have you tried gently cleaning your cover using a gentle detergent such as dawn and thoroughly rinsing. Allow it to completely dry and then use 303 waterproofing?
Tell me more about your sagging rear. Pic might be helpful.

I have used waterproofing but when the back part sags (in between the captains chair and the rear port side seat) it makes a pool of water that eventually seeps through. I may make a grommet hole for the back pole so that it stays in place better like the front pole.

The front piece at the stairs seems prone to water penetration by design though.

I have used waterproofing but when the back part sags (in between the captains chair and the rear port side seat) it makes a pool of water that eventually seeps through. I may make a grommet hole for the back pole so that it stays in place better like the front pole.

The front piece at the stairs seems prone to water penetration by design though.

Do you have the riser poles under the cover? If you do... then make sure the ties from the rear pole to the rear cleat go over your top. That will keep the rain from pooling. If you don't have the poles... then you need a set.

I have a set of poles. The front one has a prong that goes through a grommet in the cover and is quite secure. The rear one has no grommet or prong, it just friction fits underneath the cover and frequently becomes dislodged (I suppose when there is high wind or heavy rain, or maybe a raccoon knocking it :) )

I must confess I'm not sure what you mean by "ties from the rear pole to the rear cleat"?

It sounds to me that you don't have an OEM cover. I'm not aware of any of the Islandia covers that have grommets. These are pictures of my Poppy cover which I'm pretty sure is pretty close to the OEM covers as you can get. If you'd like more pictures just let me know.

IMG_2294.jpgIMG_2294.jpgIMG_2295.jpgIMG_2296.jpgIMG_2297.jpgIMG_2298.jpg

Mine doesn’t wrap around the edges like that at all. It snaps into dome snaps all around the perimeter and leaves the bow and stern swim platforms completely uncovered.

It’s so well fitted I assumed it must be OEM, but who knows? I’ll take a picture soon to upload.

The snap in one is the Mooring cover. I have that too and ended up getting a poppy cover as water always got in via the front or back which don’t get covered.

Interesting, thanks for clarifying. So are the snaps on the boat OEM or did someone have to install all those snaps when they bought the cover?

I’ve figured out a way to protect from water coming in the front and as long as the boat is tipped up I don’t find water gets in the back too much. As long as that rear pole stays in place.

The canvas is in really great shape otherwise so it’s tough to justify replacing it. But it’s good to know it’s not OEM.

The snaps ARE NOT an OEM cover. Seadoo OEM covers look a lot like the Poppy cover. (just a different color)

Thanks. So I’m curious what the snaps are for then if they are there OEM but not for the cover?

Someone has installed the snaps after original purchase for the cover you have.
The Poppy (and Seadoo OEM) covers allow for mooring also. You can see the exposed cleats on the front and sides and the zipper access to the rear cleats.

Wow, that’s a ton of work installing those snaps and getting them lined up properly. All for a cover that doesn’t work very well (it does look pretty nice though)

I understand you have the same Bimini frame I have and wanted to know how you lower it to fit under your cover.

Attachments

• IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 34
I’ll post those pics I sent you. Red marks indicate the support poles that we don’t have. Just curious . . Do you have a picture of the Bimini completely opened up?F6591135-E2EF-466C-8E17-217519AA13D6.jpeg5E8AFDC8-B4C2-40A7-9493-CF6D7A5543CA.jpegF6591135-E2EF-466C-8E17-217519AA13D6.jpegB795CE0D-33B6-42A2-8FB7-195354461554.jpegB795CE0D-33B6-42A2-8FB7-195354461554.jpeg

I understand you have the same Bimini frame I have and wanted to know how you lower it to fit under your cover.
there is a shorter storage support post that's only 6-8 inches you use to keep it in a lowered position for storage (see pic from septemberC's post) . I didn't see it listed in the parts list for your 2000 model. It's not listed in the parts list until 2001 and up. IT also only looks to be orderable in the higher year models now as well. Not sure if other models will work with yours or not. The one for my 2007 model looks thinner and longer but I may be wrong. The pin locking mechanism looks to be the same.1538581454088.png

That extra pole he has must have been added to support the frame better in windy conditions.

Ours moves alot when in rougher water with lots of wind due to the taller stance of the islandia bimini, I was contemplating adding an extra pole back there for more support

my 2005 oem cover snaps in place an covers everything except the rear platform and the front deck

Do you have pics of yours opened up? I’d love to have #1 a full enclosure but I don’t wanna pay $1000+ for it and #2 I’ll love to have the fron Bimini too!

That extra pole he has must have been added to support the frame better in windy conditions.

Ours moves alot when in rougher water with lots of wind due to the taller stance of the islandia bimini, I was contemplating adding an extra pole back there for more support

my 2005 oem cover snaps in place an covers everything except the rear platform and the front deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back