Is this jet pump salvageable?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

poissonn

So I was having issues with weird noises from the jet pump and inconsistent power...Opened her up and this is what I found:

IMG_20190717_162536.jpg

Water got in, thrust bearing got chewed up and seem that have destroyed the brass surface on which it slides. Is this salvageable or I need an entirely new housing?

Thanks!

From the picture it looks like it will be ok. It needs to be rebuilt with a new seal, bearings, thrust washer and an impeller shaft depending on the condition of the bearing surface.

The bearing doesn't ride on the brass surface. There should have been a large thick washer that sets down in the pump. The washer is what the bearing rides on. Was that missing when you opened up the pump?

This is what the impeller shaft looks like. At the top either the big washer or what's left of the bearing has deformed and is stuck on the shaft...
-4737482461347558983.jpg

It looks like the pump was put together without a thrust bearing. The thrust washer is on the shaft. You need to replace the shaft. All the force pushing the machine forward goes through that bearing.

You can buy full rebuild kits with everything but the pump body. Make sure the kit is for the model you have.

The bearings need to be pressed in and out. Out is easy but they need to be pressed in to certain depths which makes things a little more difficult. They make a tool that seats the bearings to the proper depths, they are spendy and the job can be done with sockets, a hammer, patience and a depth guage of some sort.

Kits for a 140mm pump, minus the impeller shaft.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190718-190518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190718-190518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back