Is it possible to add/upgrade Ski Mode?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

speegle

I have a 2012 Challenger 180SE. It has Cruse Mode, Docking Mode and Eco Mode settings for the throttle control. I know the 180ST also came with a Ski Mode setting. Is there any way to add or change a module and add this feature?
I have an 11 year old trying to learn to wakeboard and I’m thinking my sloppy/inexperienced throttle control is his biggest obstacle.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a 2012 Challenger 180SE. It has Cruse Mode, Docking Mode and Eco Mode settings for the throttle control. I know the 180ST also came with a Ski Mode setting. Is there any way to add or change a module and add this feature?
I have an 11 year old trying to learn to wakeboard and I’m thinking my sloppy/inexperienced throttle control is his biggest obstacle.

how to install sea-doo cruise control and ski mode | Sea-Doo Onboard

I fitted the kit to my 2012 GTi 155SE.
Works brilliantly.
I use it for a bit of towing, but also for speed control in no wake zones (5/10 knots), and also choppy water - it allows you to control the speed manually while holding WOT.

Waketower is the way to go! Here is my 7 years old doing wakeboard after a couple of tryIMG_6804.JPG

I installed the ski module on my 2016 GTR215's using the instructions that came with the ski module kit. It took about 30 minutes on each machine and that was in non-ideal conditions down at the shore, not in the workshop.

Works OK for wakeboarding and skiing but is trickier to use than a speed control on a full size boat because the launch ramp setting is not quite right. Its like its too linear. I would not suggest it as the best way for a beginner to learn, but it is tons better than trying to learn behind someone driving with manual throttle on a fast-responding PWC.

The one drawback I have experienced a couple of times is that it sometimes is not in ski-mode when you expect it to be. A full throttle pull on the 215 is quite the shock to the poor kid on the other end of the rope.

I don't have the cruise switch on my GTR215, so I don't have a comparison between cruise mode and ski mode. My next project is to add the cruise switch. Per the instructions posted above, the factory handle cruise button parts can be swapped in to also get cruise mode.

I know, I should have just bought the wake-pro to get those features, but color choice and the availability of a couple of demo units at a great price entered into the decision.

I have the cruse control mode and it works great. It’s just too slow to ramp up to speed. And it says it shouldn’t be used for towing in the manual. It’s the FIRST thing it says about it in the manual actually.
I assume I’ll be able to find one of the five ramp speeds that’ll work for a kid. I have the high output (260hp) setup so power shouldn’t be the issue. In fact, I think it’s the power that’s the problem now. It takes so little throttle to yank him up that the ski module limiting should do the trick.

Hopefully. :)

I installed it but no joy. Can anyone tell me if this should be working? My fuse box is different than the illustration in the instructions. So this is where I wired it. IMG_1323.JPGImage1536445534.128026.jpg

As long as you are getting 12v through a fuse, it should be good. The other end is in the correct pin on the module connector?

It says 6th pin. The plug that’s still in would be the 2nd if I’m thinking right. Or 5th if I’m backwards.

I would check that you positioned the purple wire correctly in that plug - it could be illustrated from the back OR front of the connector which would be a mirror image. I don't have the instructions from mine handy, so I don't know the correct position.

No. Gonna have it checked out this winter when I have my mechanic rebuild my supercharger. He said it might be a setting that needs to be turned on in the computer. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back