Is it ok to run both challenger engines off one battery?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jagilbert

My 95 Challenger has two batteries - one for each 657 Rotax engine.
The battery for the stb engine keeps draining and I suspect that maybe its Mag isn't charging.
There is a momentary switch to "bridge" the batteries.

Would it be OK to tie the batteries together in parallel or just run both engines off one battery?

Thanks,

My 96 Speedster had two jet ski batteries. I removed them and installed a single Optima blue top. I had to cut the battery trays so that it would fit and modified the rubber tie down a little. I ran both postive wires to the postive post and both negative wires to the negative post. Ran this way for five years and then sold the boat. No problems.

My 96 Speedster had two jet ski batteries. I removed them and installed a single Optima blue top. I had to cut the battery trays so that it would fit and modified the rubber tie down a little. I ran both postive wires to the postive post and both negative wires to the negative post. Ran this way for five years and then sold the boat. No problems.

Cool. Learn something new everyday. I still say you need to find out why your battery is discharging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back