Is 2001 Sportster LE for me?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwrausch

Considering purchase of a exc cond 2001 Sportster. Some background: own a 1999 Yama xl760 purchased used to make sure PWC was for us. Put on 15 hours a months for 5 months. No work has been required. I follow manufacturer recommended maintenance, dry and clean after use and store in my garage. I have 5 of age drivers, 2 passenger age (weights 165lb down to 65lbs). I thoroughly enjoy jet versions, we vacation on lake two weeks every year and I want to avoid wrench time. I am considering the Sportster for the following reasons: reliability / reputation, better meet family needs (keeping Yama), fits in my garage with other 'kid stuff', trailers easily and finally I like the looks!

How can I best evaluate the boat? As I stated boat is impeccable, no upholstery tears or fade, hours stated as 200, all original, all clean. My proxy when examining - the boat is clean and waxed, cover is in good shape no tears, sellers house, car and yard are maintained so I at least know they care for their stuff! Anything specific I should look for, particular regarding the engine (1000 Series Rotax Marine Powerplant) during second visit? Boat is being removed from heated garage this weekend. Asking $6,000, a little high but not unreasonable based on NADA.

Willing to listen and learn - Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back