Intermittent Power; Surges Back and Forth From Low To High; 2005 RXT 4-tec 215hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BTR

2005 RXT, supercharged, 215hp, 130 hours. Engine surges back and forth between having some power and full power. It surges back and forth about every one to two seconds. It responds to the throttle, but never has full, steady power. What should I check first? Then what? After that, what? What's most likely wrong? Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

2005 RXT, supercharged, 215hp, 130 hours. Engine surges back and forth between having some power and full power. It surges back and forth about every one to two seconds. It responds to the throttle, but never has full, steady power. What should I check first? Then what? After that, what? What's most likely wrong? Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

have you rebuilt the supercharger?

check the battery and the fuel delivery maybe a clogged injector..

Yes, the supercharger was rebuilt with the updated rebuild kit at 75 hours (at 130 hours now). If a fuel injector is clogged, how do I get it unclogged? Thanks.

You should check the supercharger too but. Joe at Senica boat sales can have them professionally cleaned and it makes a huge difference. I have also recently seen people use ultrasonic machines to get a good clean on them. Harbor freight has a small ultrasonic parts cleaner for about 65$ after a 20% off coupon. It is good for small stuff like injectors and cam chains, stuff like that. I haven't figured out yet how to rig a machine to open and close the solenoid while it is being cleaned. I have been told that is the way to go but have no direct experience with it. I am going to get brave to try my own system one of these days but I send stuff to joe and he is always good prices and easy to deal with whenever I need anything or accidentally order the wrong thing. Their business number is (410) 335-5050. Pwcperformanceparts.com is the sub company. Tell him Andy from nc sent you.

Also If you think fuel problem then you have to solve the issue by cleaning the entire system. Make sure the fuel lines are good and replace If any decomp of them at all. Get a pressure test on the fuel pump and make sure it is good. Or you can probably just get a new pump rebuild kit for 40$ or so on ebay which would be almost the same price as a pressure test. You can put just a new pump on rather than the entire assembly. I have found rust in them quite a few times and that is never good for getting enough pressure.

Update - I changed the spark plugs and ran it on the trailer (with the garden hose attached). It seemed to run just fine. Next, I'll run it in the lake and see how it does while under load. The plugs looked OK... all 3 were white on top, were dry, and had no signs of burning or fouling.

That makes more sense than a fuel delivery problem. Make sure to put anti seize on the plugs. I just heard injector and jumped on the train but plugs make more sense at least to start. Also if you are having the same problems at the lake then you should crack the seat open to see if you are getting enough air flow and make sure you don't have a loose exhaust connection.

Plugs can be devious little critters and they typically fail internally. A bad plug has a list of potential negative performance symptoms. Let us know how it works out.

Good luck to ya

FINAL RESOLUTION OF PROBLEM: After changing the spark plugs, it ran fine this weekend. Thus, the problem was either a bad spark plug, or one of the electrical connections to one of the plugs had become loose, and it was corrected when I changed the plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back