Installing Smart Tabs on a 2005 Seadoo Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

louisb

Hey Guys,

Has anyone installed the Smart Tabs on a 2005 Challenger? If so, would you be able to post some pics of where you mounted them. I have been searching high and low and I have seen a lot of people talking about them but I haven't heard of anyone actually installing them on a 2005. I called the manufacturer and they said it has been done. I just don't see where there is enough real estate to mount the bottom bracket.

Thanks in advance.

The manufacturer is usually VERY customer service driven. Did they offer for you to e-mail them a pic of the back of the boat for their input? If not, I would call them back and see if they will do this. Unrelated boat but I installed these on my 2012 Bayliner 185 and WOW what a difference in the way it handles and gets up on plane!

Well they not hurt top end and efficiency? My understanding is they always press down against the water and act as a brake

Well they not hurt top end and efficiency? My understanding is they always press down against the water and act as a brake

If they are set up correctly you should not see much of a loss. There are adjustment holes to change the amount of force they apply. You set it to the suggested hole and see if your top end suffers, if so you change to one of the other holes and test again

I have a 2006 Challenger and asked the same question via email on their website. The response I got was that they have not been able to successfully make the Smart Tabs work on our types of boats due to the design of the stern. Apparently there is not enough depth, and the shape also makes it difficult to find an attachment point for the upper arms. Suggest visit nauticusinc-dot-com and hit the 'Contact Us' button, you can call or email them and see what answer you get.

Also found a related post at this: http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?43101-Porpoising-C180-Trim-tabs-or-pump-wedge It talks about original BRP tabs once produced but no longer seem to be available anywhere. Good Luck.

I have them on my 04 185 SeaRay, I know different boat, there are different strength cylinders, I have read where they made shorter cylinders for odd hulls. Call the number on the website and talk to them, I will say that they greatly improved the performance, slight speed increase, and fuel consumption is less. If you can work it out to fit them they will pay for themselves and make your boat ride better. Phone number and email: 800-233-0194, info@nauticusinc.com. In the installation instructions section there are photos and instruction manuals that you can download and read, it may help. I hope this helps.

I looked into these but they are fixed angle ect.. if Im right?

I installed adjustable trim tabs and documented it fully on this forum, search under my un should be able to find it. Happy as hell with them!! and in full up you got a stock boat

I have a Y2K Challenger 1800 and am looking at tabs also. Lenco says that this model will fit my Y2K year boat...
12x9 Part # 15015-101. They are available from Eastern Marine for $399.00 and are electric, so you don't have to run hydraulics. This is what I plan on installing. Call Lenco, they are super good about responding to emails and phone calls.

Oh, you also have to buy the rocker switch to make this work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=69837]louisb[/MENTION]
I have deleted your posts in regards to the tabs. I was kind of leaving it alone to see where it was going to go. But, I see you have mentioned it in other threads as well.

Selling things through the site is an acceptable practice, however, there are policies in place to do so. Please contact the site owner and you two can make arraingments. For example, if this product turns out well, you can sell them through the PWCMUSCLE site. This will allow you to generate sales as well as benefit the site.

Appreciate your understanding with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't selling them. That was going to be my cost. The plan was to give away the prints so people could do it on their own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Not sure how many people are following this thread anymore, but I had the trim tabs made that lightningtruck had in his posts. I am heading out this weekend to test them out. I will let you all know how it goes.

Hey guys,

Not sure how many people are following this thread anymore, but I had the trim tabs made that lightningtruck had in his posts. I am heading out this weekend to test them out. I will let you all know how it goes.

How did it go?

I can't even put into words how much better the ride is with these tabs. Was seriously thinking about selling the boat and have completely done a 180. They were worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I would love to see a picture of those tabs on the back of the boat. What is your top speed and how quick does it go to plane now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back