impeller wont turn 08 gti 130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

four4fish

helping a friend replace a damaged housing and wear ring , whats happening is that when I tighten the impeller to bearing shaft with the 12mm allen head it seem to be pulling the impeller in to bearing or housing . any idea what im doing wrong .thanks joe

Is the collar (#11 in parts fiche) installed on the shaft. Is the bearing seated all the way into the housing?

hi dennis , thanks, I was actually looking at that and am not sure .My buddy let someone use it last year and they broke it .He took it in to be repaired the dealer took it all apart and said it was going to be about $1000 to fix , he doesnt have it, so he took it home all apart, In stepped me.We got a new aluminum housing, wear ring oil seals circlip.We just use the same shaft and bearing , I dont know if that shaft sleeve was on it , I think it was because from the thread side it looks like it is, does the # 10 Oring stop the ship from pulling back into housing? We were just using an oring from my garage that fit. Im going to take it back apart and make sure shaft bearing is all the way in. thanks again. joe

also on new aluminum housing is there suppose to be oil or grease add added to the plug on top. if so what kind and how much . thanks

When the bearing, shaft and collar (#11) are installed correctly you will see the collar (#11) sticking up thru the front seal (#14). ( impeller not installed yet). #14 seals #11. No oil or grease gets put in under plug on top. That is a clean out for the water passage.

thanks dennis he will bring it back to my house tomorrow and well take it all apart again. whats the grove on the impeller shaft for it thought it was for an oring? thanks again

Yes, it's for a "o" ring (#10). It seals the inside of the collar when installed on the shaft.

thanks dennis took it all apart AGAIN today ( im getting pretty good at this ) , Found out the shaft bearing wasnt in far enough tapped it in a little installed prop tightened it up and its all set. Hes off to cape cod in the AM thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back