Impeller seized to shaft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jareaver

Am finally getting around to replacing the wear ring on my Islandia as it has warmed up and I have an itch to get the boat prepped for spring. I have the merc special socket and was able to get the impeller nut off without a problem. I can't get the impeller to slide off the shaft, as it seems the splines on both the impeller and shaft are rusty and have fused the two together. I have tried wd-40/penetrating oil to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help.

PB Blaster....

PB Blaster, which kustomkarl told me about last year, will break anything loose given the time and chance to work its way into the seized area. I had a locked motor that I filled with the stuff, two days later, I was spinning the motor over by hand.........

The other idea is to add a little heat. Key word, "little". If you can torch up just inside the area between the impeller blades without scorching any rubber or plastic seals, then heat may do the trick.

Be careful around any petroleum products with open heat.....:cheers:

PB Blaster worked like a champ...

Thanks for the advice! I picked up a can at my local HD today, sprayed some on, let it sit for about 15 mins, and had it off. Now I have to decide if I want to replace the impeller with an aftermarket or get the OEM repaired/repitched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back