impeller and wear ring replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks I'm going to checkout that stainless steel refurb. I wish I knew there were other options on the impeller. I'm sure there will be a next time. But with the new impeller I see a good performance improvement so the family is all happy.

Ibjeepin I don't know if they replaced that. I'm going to call and ask the mechanic.

Thanks,

I ordered the bushings figuring I might need them but after disassembly I looked at the way the bushings were pressed into the stator. And the manual is as little help with much more than "remove the stator" I thought otherwise as there is a double bushing requiring a deep or long puller to remove. Mine looked ok so I replaced only the seal and the seal protector only.

FYI

I took the Doo out on Lake Ontario today with 6 foot+ rollers so the run was not 100% conclusive as I could not do any speed tests ;), but initial results were good with quick response from the jet. My kids had a blast when the boat went airborne though! But I will give more info when I get to a smooth lake.

I assume by the prices you're talking about the M2. I had a similar problem, one of the fingers on my intake grate broke off and made its way in to the jet and jammed between the impeller and stator housing. luckily my impeller wasn't damaged, but the wear ring and stator housing took a real beating (1/4 in grooves all around the wear ring. I pulled the entire housing off and used "Marine-Tex" to fill in the grooves and then took it to a machine shop and had them hone the housing to the spec in the service manual total cost of about $75, which is much better than the $390 quote I got for just the part from dealer in mass. as for the stator housing, running as is. I just have to compensate by steering a little when moving straight ahead while on plane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back