iBR issues 2009 RXT 255is Please Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody please help me in determining if changing the ibr actuator on my 2009 rxt 255 is, is too complicated for the average DIY'r? is it true that I need some specialized software like buds to sync the new part? Does the entire gate assembly have to be removed to switch out actuator? Is there some repair bulletin regarding this issue?

I just bought (2) 2009 RXT 255 is and first time out last weekend my check engine light and ibr light went on, reverse and neutral did not work. Each has 35 hours. I found this list posted awhile back as replacement parts needed to repair. Has anyone verified?

How difficult is this repair? Any videos your aware of to help me through it? Is this list in your opinion still the items I need? Dealer says the check engine light is on because the iBR issue.

I'm paranoid this will be a problem with both skis so I would like to DIY to curb the pain in case it happens to the other also. Dealer quoted me $1900 and they never even opened compartment with iBR just said that's always the problem. Connection to discounted parts? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190801-165604_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190801-165604_Chrome.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 16
Tough one, I believe the new OEM module is $1200 and the gate does need to come out and should be rebuilt and inspected for clearances and freedom of movement. There is a service bulletin on the 09 IBR and the above parts list updates it to the 2011 IBR. There is no price break from Sea-Doo on the parts or labor. You can find the service bulletin and parts list on the web. If you like the skis and they are in great shape I would probably bite the bullet and get both done because your right about the other failing also.

Last edited:
Download the manual and if you don't have 2 left hands it is a simple job. Lots of Youtube videos how to do it.

Thank you guys! So no software or special device needed to sync new one? Just bolt it in and ride? I can find one YouTube on removing the gate but that's it, doesn't show actuator. Why are my video searches fruitless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back