I’m lost

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

loganclark54

Okay, here is some back story. 1994 SeaDoo XP, won’t start. I rebuilt the carburetors using the proper kit. It then started and ran. Dumped it in the water, but would not accelerate. Opened the engine and had a blown piston. Rebuilt the top end. Put everything back together. It cranks, but won’t start. It isn’t getting gas. There is absolutely zero gas getting into the carburetor. When a little bit of gas is poured directly into the carburetor is starts instantly. I took the fuel tank out for cleaning and there was a flimsy flat piece in the bottom of the cylinder that goes in from the top of the tank that was broken in the process. The plug for that cylinder may have gotten gas on it, I’m just not sure. Any ideas?

Pressure test the fuel system.

Any air getting into the system can cause problems, things need to be air tight.

One way to do a quick check is to run a line from the main tank connection (not the reserve) on the tank fitting straight into the carb, bypass all the fittings and leak sources. Only do this if you know the tank is clean since you will be bypassing the filter. Or run a line straight off the carb inlet nipple into a quart bottle of gas and see if the machine will run, if so then start troubleshooting the fuel system fittings, connections and parts for leaks.

Have you double checked that all four lines from the tank top and the three lines to the selector are all routed properly?

Did you use a high quality selector switch/valve? The cheap ones can vent air into the system right out of the box.

I usually run it on a hose to rule out fuel line issues. A new hose going to a can of new fuel. You'll need to choke it of course to prime the line. Air bubbles make it run lean and can blow pistons. Probably what happened originally.

Pressure test the fuel system.

Any air getting into the system can cause problems, things need to be air tight.

One way to do a quick check is to run a line from the main tank connection (not the reserve) on the tank fitting straight into the carb, bypass all the fittings and leak sources. Only do this if you know the tank is clean since you will be bypassing the filter. Or run a line straight off the carb inlet nipple into a quart bottle of gas and see if the machine will run, if so then start troubleshooting the fuel system fittings, connections and parts for leaks.

Have you double checked that all four lines from the tank top and the three lines to the selector are all routed properly?

Did you use a high quality selector switch/valve? The cheap ones can vent air into the system right out of the box.
all lines run into the fuel tank baffle and everything basically links to fuel tank to check pressure and for leaks i fill tank with some air pressure and a gauge i found 2psi is plenty the tank will balloon . turn off all noise and listen for air leak and look for fuel leak they will both show up at least on my ski they did lol (96 and 97 gti) ,and i got rid of fuel selector one less thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back