HX gelcoat questions.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

noviceskier

From pale yellow to bright and vibrant I did a little test spot and it came out very good compared to the before. Just 600 to 1000 grit because I just felt like testing around the waters.

Began removing old decals (sadly) and began block sanding with 400 grit sand paper and noticed low spots in the gelcoat, from yellow to black. Not good not great but I can live with it really, think I might just do some touch up paint. Although I'm considering redoing the gelcoat on the entire hood now since if there's low spots on it (for whatever reason) I don't want it to be a spotted HX now.

Removing the old decals was a pain too, used adhesive remove and razor blades but would only remove the top layer of the decal, even with the help of the heat gun on low. Any ideas for making it go by quicker.

My options for the hood though are either to touch up the area, order replacement gelcoat, or respray hood using automotive paint.

HX is ready to run, all I need is some little things, just piling up the cart right now so I can get free shipping on my order lol, figured now would be the time to get started on cosmetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back