Help I damaged my plastic hood

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

burtshaver2021

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello, I just purchased a 97 GSX yesterday and was doing some cleaning on it this evening. I was using the 3M restorer to remove the oxidization from the hull, There was some black spots on the plastic hood so I tried the 3M restorer and wax in it and it did a good job of removing the black spots. Got myself in trouble though when I thought I would speed up the process by using the rotary sander/polisher on the hood with the restorer/wax. It left hard swirly film marks, not sure if I melted the plastic or just heated up the product I was using. I was able to gently pick away some of the residue but won’t be able to remove it all this way. I was thinking of trying 1000 or 2000 grit sandpaper as a fix? Anyone have any comments or suggestions on how to fix my mistake? ThanksA954F370-5237-4F43-9B1B-0F1B3345D3D0.jpegCFF02455-474C-4039-A468-85CACC830770.jpeg

Hello, I just purchased a 97 GSX yesterday and was doing some cleaning on it this evening. I was using the 3M restorer to remove the oxidization from the hull, There was some black spots on the plastic hood so I tried the 3M restorer and wax in it and it did a good job of removing the black spots. Got myself in trouble though when I thought I would speed up the process by using the rotary sander/polisher on the hood with the restorer/wax. It left hard swirly film marks, not sure if I melted the plastic or just heated up the product I was using. I was able to gently pick away some of the residue but won’t be able to remove it all this way. I was thinking of trying 1000 or 2000 grit sandpaper as a fix? Anyone have any comments or suggestions on how to fix my mistake? ThanksView attachment 60544View attachment 60545
I’m terrible with this app, Thanks for the suggestion Redrover

Lol, I’ve tried replying twice before this and don’t see my replies but thank you Redrover for the suggestion. I was able to remove whatever I had left with the sander/polisher with 1000 grit sandpaper. Used it wet along with a little of the rubbing compound/ wax that I was using before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back