Hull refurbishment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

justinb

Hi All

Busy re doing my motor , so currently my jet ski is in pieces , as attached thought now would be a good time to refurbish / paint my underside of my haul .

Need some help on the easiest way to do it , it's not leaking so was going to put bond on then spray it.

Talking about Bond so far I read about bond glass , from what I've read the sanding is a job and a half on its own ?

Other option is west systems epoxy?

And then I was going to spray it with gelcoat

What are your thoughts is there and easier alternative and which of the 2 above is better and less labour intensive

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230910_154932.jpg
    20230910_154932.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230910_154926.jpg
    20230910_154926.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 7
West systems works great. Can add color and additives to strength the resin. Marinetex is pretty easy too.

Hi, A few years back I went through the same thinking process with a 97 gtx with a scrubbed keel similar to yours. I considered epoxy paint, brush-on & spray-on gelcoat, and other applications. I ended up scuffing the bottom for better adhesion and sprayed on multiple coats of Rustoleum High Performance Enamel at $13 can and have no visible bottom wear after two seasons!! Here's also a paintcode chart Sea Doo Paint Codes Search my content for "Fiberglass exposure 97GTX gelcoat" for pics and other comments. Mikidymac naturally gave me the best common sense response.

For the damage you have, I'd use the epoxy coating to seal it up. Then, I put Gator Glide on the bottom of my hull. That's the way I did mine.

20221016_132416.jpg20221016_132428.jpg

Back