Hull damage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say no.

On the Poly_tech hulls you can weld a crack with special equipment but something that bad and big I don't think it can be fixed.

This hull is gone I think. I had a discussion about that last year with a dealer. More than three inches was a problem in his opinion. There is a guy on the Spark forum who replaced his hull by himself and it was very complicated. And Spark hulls can be unscrewed, not these GTIs. Must be feasible but only a dealer will be able to tell. These polytec hulls are more common now.

claim insurance, buy a new one.

you can replace the bottom half of the hulls, as sea doo sells them, but from what i've seen, it is a major PITA. they aren't overly expensive, though. what year and model is it?

Looks like a new hull is $1,550.
2018 GTI 90
Ref:
Hull
MSRP: $1,814.99
Dealer Price: $1,542.74

The bigger issue is the top deck mounting flange is also broken off and missing.

Looks like a new hull is $1,550.
2018 GTI 90
Ref:
Hull
MSRP: $1,814.99
Dealer Price: $1,542.74

The bigger issue is the top deck mounting flange is also broken off and missing.
then i would just claim it on the insurance and get a new one. they will for sure total it out.

claim insurance, buy a new one.

you can replace the bottom half of the hulls, as sea doo sells them, but from what i've seen, it is a major PITA. they aren't overly expensive, though. what year and model is it?
2018 only has 20 hours on it

I have swapped a PolyTec hull on a Spark 2 UP, not an overly complicated job.....A little time consuming and you need to pay attention to details but certainly do-able.....this machine however looks like it is past the point of repair.....the hull is gone and part of the top deck is broken.....by the time you get all the parts, etc....and the hours involved with swapping everything over......probably a losing proposition.....INSURANCE claim assuming it is insured......otherwise, part it out perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back