How to remove shifter/throttle lever cables?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would want to re paint, clean and grease the shifter/cable mechanisms.

I have it pulled up and can see all of the components but after messing with the carb cables and not being able to remove the throttle/choke because it's a PITA and I still haven't found a description of how to disconnect them...is there any tricks to the cables at the shifter ends?

On that note, any tips/tricks on removing the cables from the carbs would be helpful also.

Thanks,

Donnie

At the carbs... it should be easy. Just loosen the nuts that hold them on. (throttle and choke) Then slide them back so the cable can clear the bracket... and then slide the ball out of the carb cam. It's really not hard at all.

At the lever end... once the levers are up... it's kind of the same deal. Loosen the nuts, remove the ball. The shift cable is a threaded end... but it's the same idea.

Okay, thanks Tony. I'll take another look this week on my day off and see if I can get them disconnected.

Also, if you can point me to you post on the proper carb adjustments to get it back to factory settings. You had a post in a previous thread where you said something to the effect of "when I work on a ski that isn't running good, it's typically one of these things listed above that is out of adjustment and can even be improper out of the factory".

Thanks so much and no biggie either way on that...I'll find it again once I get to sit down and search around :)

Donnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back