How to remove exhaust out of a GTX when the clamp is frozen??? / Keep engine winteize

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkarvelis

I am working on a 02 GTX DI that has spent some time in salt water.

I was able to get the three hex head bolts out, and the nut off the rear when I pulled the throttle body. That was the easy part.

I need to remove the assembly to get it welded. The four hoses, exhaust mounting bolts and hose clamp are removed from the water box.

I have the waterbox separated from the exhaust

I am trying to take the exhaust out as an assembly since I can not get the exhaust seperated, or the clamp off the two pieces.

I am thinking it is junk now. I have banged on it, and it is currently soaking in PB Blaster. I am not sure what else to do.

I am working in a garage that is unheated, but attached to the house. Since I will have the pipes off, I needed to drain the pink antifreeze out of it, so now it is not winterized. Should I just clamp off the drain hoses on the bottom of the engine and pour it into the water jacket on the exhaust?

Well I got it out. There is one very hidden bolt under the fuel rail. I was able to feel and feel for it, and I found it.

I think the engine will end up getting pulled and hopefully rebuilt if the corrosion is not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back