How To Install a Bilge Pump on Your PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ftDeep

Without a doubt, one of the best accessories you can get for your PWC is a bilge pump. The bailers that come with your jet ski just aren't enough to keep water out of your engine when a hull breach occurs. This video will show you how to install a little insurance to protect your baby.

If you like our videos, please Subscribe! (a thumbs up would be nice, too).

https://youtu.be/a6boL2MAsiY

Yep. It's much more expensive, and you don't get as much. The OEM pump moves about half the amount of water per minute, and it comes with a plastic bilge fitting. Chris also likes the idea of a switch.

Yeah the OEM doesn't move as much as that one. It must also be getting close to you putting one in yours as well right?

How'd you know? He's been bugging me from the day I bought it, but I told him I'd install it at the end of the fifth year (around the time I replace the battery). Although I experienced a massive pump failure resulting in engine flooding on an older machine I had (which a bilge pump would have greatly helped with), I figure the likelihood of such disasters happening in the first five years is very small. But sometimes I think Chris is just waiting to say "I told you so".

Yeah the OEM doesn't move as much as that one. It must also be getting close to you putting one in yours as well right?

Haha I had asked about it on your youtube channel because I had just bought a new sea doo and was wondering if it was worth putting one in.

I'll put one in down the road sometime but the "five-year" thing sounds like a safe bet. I'm sure the bailers will work just fine for now.

Haha I had asked about it on your youtube channel because I had just bought a new sea doo and was wondering if it was worth putting one in.

I'll put one in down the road sometime but the "five-year" thing sounds like a safe bet. I'm sure the bailers will work just fine for now.

I would rather have one and not need it vs not having one and needing it. Cheap peace of mind in my opinion.

I would rather have one and not need it vs not having one and needing it. Cheap peace of mind in my opinion.
You're absolutely right. It's better to error on the side of too much protection. $200 vs $12000. Haha.

How did you attach studs for switch bracket did you end up drilling more holes in the hull ? I cringe when I see someone drilling holes in the hull

By the way I love your videos . I ended up having to buy better wheels for the dollys I made from your design . The first set failed almost lost the ski . Ended up going to harbor freight like you said I ended up getting the 6 inch hard rubber ones . They work better .

The gasket Chris puts on at 0:34 is the only seal you need. Not a drop of water should get into the hull through the edges around the hole. If you're concerned about the integrity of the fiberglass edges, there is a lot of exposed fiberglass end all around the watercraft.

The gasket Chris puts on at 0:34 is the only seal you need. Not a drop of water should get into the hull through the edges around the hole. If you're concerned about the integrity of the fiberglass edges, there is a lot of exposed fiberglass end all around the watercraft.
Okay, I missed the gasket. The raw edges bug the daylights out of me and I'll be closing them up. I keep West System 105 on my shelf and reseal cuts and holes like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back