How to determine model.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khammy87

Alright, so I bought this SeaDoo as a 94 SPI.. I've learned that SPI does not come with dual carbs! My ski has dual carbs! So my question is; How do I determine what model my ski is, so when I go to put these carbs back together, I adjust them appropriately!

Thanks in advance!

Josh

There should be a hin decoder in the service manual, I don't happen to have one for 1994, but anyway part of the hin is the model number and you service manual will give you the details and specifications of your model. I have a 95 and 96 manual but no 94, if you don't have one download one.

According to Clymer (I don't always trust their information) a 1994 SPI is a Model No. 5872, Engine type 587, and that's about it. According to the info. that Oscar submitted it should have a single carb., so it you have two and the model checks out I would find a similar ski with a 587 dual carb. and use those specs.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, the quickest way is to look at the white tag on the rear of the seat pedistal, just above the deckline ... if it is still there ... contains USCD exemptions and at the lower right side is the 4 digit model number.

rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back