How to Check Supercharger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro10is

What's the best way to determine that a 2008 215 SCIC has not blown a ceramic washer before buying a used boat from a private seller both with and without the ability to test drive (assuming the seller either doesn't know or disclose this info)?

i would remove the supercharger inlet elbow hose and see if you can spin the impeller blade, i would also take the boat on the water and make sure you have full rpm range,

Correct. Free spinning means the supercharger needs a rebuild. But the later model 2008 actually should have the metal washers. See if you can find a build date.

Also, I would never recommend buying a boat without a sea trial. That's like buying a used car without a test drive.

Build Date

FYI, you can get the build date from the HIN. The last two digits are the model year of the boat. The next two from last are the build month and year. The first of those is a month code A for January through L for December. The second is the build year. So, G8 would be July, 2008.

HIN: CEC12345G808

CEC - Manufacturer's Code
12345 - Product or Serial #
G8 - Month, year built (July, 08)
08 - Model year

Also, I would never recommend buying a boat without a sea trial. That's like buying a used car without a test drive.

Nope... it's worse. a 3 year old car should still be fine, but a 3 year old boat could need all kind of stuff.

Take it for a test ride. you will be able to hear and feel the supercharger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back