How much fuel does the average jetski use at cruising speed and max speed?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
attach a fuel flow meter and caulculate it. lots of boat owners do this to find optimal cruising speed.

Horsepower verses weight...?

Without being more specific, there is almost no way of answering your question. The reason is because the motor that most fits your request is the 110 hp, 787cc, 2-stroke engine which is used in several different applications including boats. The skis come in 3 different sizes, so by their weight, fuel efficiency will be change accordingly.

For some examples: The 2007 RXP, 4-Stroke has a fuel capacity of 15.9 gallons including reserve. At WOT cruising, it will burn about 18.2 GPH. Your total run time, counting reserve is about 53 minutes.

The 1998 XP Limited, 947cc, 2 stroke has a capacity of 14 gallons including reserve. At WOT cruising, it will burn about 14.5 GPH. Your total run time, counting reserve is about 59 minutes.

The 1997 GSX, 787cc, 2 stroke has a capacity of 15 gallons including reserve. At WOT cruising, it will burn about 11.7 GPH. Your total run time, counting reserve is about 1 hour 16 minutes.

I hope that gives you an idea but you can't measure fuel efficiency in these watercraft without knowing what it is your riding, since the weight makes a big part of how big the tank is, how far it will go and how long it will last.:cheers:

Snipe

Just out of curiousity where did you get the GPH numbers?? I have looked everywhere before I bought my RXP for some kind of indication on the fuel consumption but couldn't find anything. Those seem about right though....maybe a little higher than actual...I find a tank lasts me about 1.5-2 hours of WOT or zero to WOT most of the time on an 07 RXP 215.

Matt

Manuals......

Yes, all of the Seadoo manuals have this info listed in the back of the manuals under the technical specifications section. :cheers:

Yeah, often boats have the GPH listed, due to the fact that folks have to figure out how far they can ride, before the fuel runs out. So, this is a common portion of their specs.

Airplanes also publish this kind of spec.

N

Just for giggles......

Just for the heck of it, I looked at who started the thread. What's so funny is that we are going on about a thread started by nutkenz on the 12th. The first and last time he was in the forum. So, he's never read these replies.............:rofl:

Just for the heck of it, I looked at who started the thread. What's so funny is that we are going on about a thread started by nutkenz on the 12th. The first and last time he was in the forum. So, he's never read these replies.............:rofl:

I am pretty sure we have all answered many threads that the oringal starter hasn't ever come back to read our replies :ack:

Matt

Fast paced........!

At the pace I move through the forum, I don't know when that happens. For some reason, I wanted to know on this thread. Maybe cause the day has been a bit slow.

It's getting cold here now. I hate when it gets cold.........:ack:

At the pace I move through the forum, I don't know when that happens. For some reason, I wanted to know on this thread. Maybe cause the day has been a bit slow.

It's getting cold here now. I hate when it gets cold.........:ack:

Well in that case....they have still not returned!

so what would the guestimation be for a:

2000 GSX RFI
&
1994 XP

wondering because id like to take the them across the lake to Canada

November thread...

This thread was from November and as much as I'd like to answer your query, I have no idea of what the question is. I really don't have the time to go back and read one this old to see what it was that I said. I did read one part and that is, "how fast paced this type blogging is"......hard to keep up with everything you write..........

Please start a new thread and ask your question there......thanx:cheers:

Does anyone know what would be the maximum range for a Wake Pro 215 (2009)?

Thx!

Well if you go by the chart it gets the worst fuel mileage out of any sea-doo at 18 Gal/hr at WOT and the fuel tank is 15.9 gal. If you run at WOT you will run out of gas in 0.88 hours.

So .88 hours at WOT of 64 mph your looking at 56.32 miles.

If your running 35mph I would say you would be using 75% of the fuel then at WOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back