How Do You Run Your Ski?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big K

SO I was wondering how you guys run your Sea-Doo's. I run mine about 3/4 throttle. I don't like to run mine at full throttle. But I see guys out there going balls to the wall. SO how do you run yours?

It varies.....

You should vary the throttle. There is no good can come for running the throttle at a certain position. They are best served to vary the throttle a little...........:cheers:

it depends, I can gun it full throttle for 10 seconds, stop turn do some tricks or whatever and go like half throttle doing some slalom runs then gun it again and so on. I dont keep full throttle for more than 10-20 seconds at time. If I do have to get somewhere I go fast for 30 seconds or so, slow down some then speed up again. its just soooo boring doing one speed for longer period time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Varying

Depends on water, etc. I have a no-wake zone to cruise out of, so a forced warm up and cool down, I vary between idle and 2500 rpm. Then it depends on water and where I'm going. Full throttle is definitely not a constant. I'll run 5k, then 5.8k, then 6.4k with bursts (30 sec or so) of full. Full on good water is addictive, though, along with the slalom and 180s. Haven't the chops to 360 yet. I agree w/Karl on varying speeds. It helps beyond break-in.

Full Blast...

I would say that 80% of the time I am at full throttle or going from zero to WOT. I vary speed a little but only when slowing down to make a perfect jump off a wake or do some tricks. If I am cruising I will vary between full and 75-90% throttle.

I guess maybe I am a rare case....out of the 75 hours on my seadoo I would say that at least 50 of them were at full throttle....but what the heck....I have warranty for 3 more years.

I guess I shouldn't have told you guys cause now none of you will buy my RXP when its time for a new one :rofl:

Matt

as fast as she can go pretty much all of the 86 hours of her life......a few bugs here and there but mainly starter solenoid issues. gone through like 3 so far. i dont think any of that was caused by hauling arse everywhere i go.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 10
straight up i beat the hell out of my XP.. she starts and runs perfect everytime.. never had any problems that kept me from riding it..

On our trip last month, we consumed a HUGE amount of gas running the GTX. Several different riders with varying speed needs and styles....the fact remains a 96 GTX is a gas hog when running WOT.

On the other hand, even with WOT, my 96 HX is actually not bad on gas comparitively speaking. But that might be due to a smaller displacement motor, a much lighter hull and inherently shorter rider lifecycle (one does not "hang out" all day with an HX - you only ride like mad till you are worn out).

So the verdict is the skis are run WOT with intermittent non-WOT use.:ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back