How close can you get?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mekanix

Premium Member
Premium Member
221 hrs on wsm pistons. Only warning was one oil ring broke and it smoked...

2012 gti 130...

Attachments

• 20230531_004949.jpg
    20230531_004949.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 22
Wow, the other parts just stayed in the bottom of the block? There appears to be alot of heat distortion there? What did the CR's look like?

Everything else looked good. All the aluminum pieces balled up under the crank and stayed there.

How did that happen?
I'm not sure, had a head gasket failure at 100 hrs, then at 221 the middle Piston started burning oil so I took it apart expecting to see a failed oil ring. Well there was that and then I found the small aluminum balls in the lower filter and this is what i found when it was all apart. These are cast pistons. It could be the head gasket that caused it, maybe it quenched the hot pistons when happened.

It could also be knocking if the knock sensor is bad?
I really don't know what the cause is so i asked wsm what they thought.

Sorry it happened but I am glad you caught it in time! I am interested to see what WSM says.
They've always been good with this stuff, I'm going with all oem for the next build though. I wanted to try wsm out for these just to see what happened.

Considering the heat required to do that, I would check the deck and head for distortion.

I am guessing the cyl pressures of the NA motor were not enough to fail it through.

Crazy it still ran as I would have not expected that either.

Considering the heat required to do that, I would check the deck and head for distortion.

I am guessing the cyl pressures of the NA motor were not enough to fail it through.

Crazy it still ran as I would have not expected that either.
Its being decked, I just dropped it off today. Have to dissassembe the head to deck it too. Not taking a chance this time.

It's weird.though, I started second guessing my abilities vs the quality of the parts vs the circumstances and I'm still not entirely sure what to blame for this.

Back