How can I start 2001 Challenger 1800 out of water?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottsmiley

I have a 2001 Challenger 1800 that has been sitting since 2004. I want to start it in the driveway a to make sure it runs.
What do I need to do to get water into the motor for cooling?

There are 2 flush ports by the vents, under the edges of the deck lid. Hook a hose there, and that will cool the engine. (there is one for each engine) BUT... you really can't run a seadoo engine out of the water for very long. The drive shaft seal is cooled by the lake water... and it can't be tun out of water, for more than a couple minutes without it overheating, and causing damage.

Sorry... I only half read it. AND... you should have posted in the Merc section. (I'll move the thread)

There is still a flush port, and you can run that engine out of the water, at idle speed, for as long as you wish. But... that's assuming you have enough water pressure to cool the engine. We find that some people's garden hose doesn't flow enough water, and the bulk of it goes out the pickup.

Yes... there is a single flush port, and it's still in the same location. It is a white fitting with a black cap.

Since the boat has been siting... I would recommend changing the oil in the gear case, and stator. (do a pump maintenance)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back