Hour meter/engine issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

anthonymsaad

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and bought my SeaDoo challenger about a year ago. Everything has been great and loving the boat, but have come across some concerning issues recently, hoping I could get some further insight or guidance.

My initial issue was with my port engine not shutting down when the key is in the accessory position, like my starboard engine does as well as the gauges. When I put my boat into storage, and cut the main power off from a battery switch and turned the power back on, the hour meter (port) would go backwards to a fixed hour. The boat is currently at the dealership as I can't figure it out.

Besides that, and a check engine lighting up on the display for a few seconds, engines run normal. That said, the other odd issue is the check engine light comes on for the starboard, not port.

Sorry for the long post, but I have been trying to figure out the electronics and hardware. At the moment, a new ECM was attempted to be installed but was causing other issues. If anyone has any suggestion or advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you

Back