Hose not connected

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrscary

Hi everyone. Sorry if this may have come up before but could not find in the search.

I just bought a 2002 challenger 2000 with the merc m2 240. I found this hose just lying in the bottom of the bilage one end is not connected to anything and the other looks to be connected to the jet pump at the bottom under the cylinder head.

Can anyone let me know what this is for and if it should be connected to anywhere. Thank you. I put 2 pics up hope it helps

Attachments

• DAE7B6E7-7E75-4F16-A841-3456CEC021EA.jpeg
    DAE7B6E7-7E75-4F16-A841-3456CEC021EA.jpeg
    568.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DEE5864E-78E9-4293-AA1E-7811EDFDD63F.jpeg
    DEE5864E-78E9-4293-AA1E-7811EDFDD63F.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 13
Hi everyone. Sorry if this may have come up before but could not find in the search.

I just bought a 2002 challenger 2000 with the merc m2 240. I found this hose just lying in the bottom of the bilage one end is not connected to anything and the other looks to be connected to the jet pump at the bottom under the cylinder head.

Can anyone let me know what this is for and if it should be connected to anywhere. Thank you. I put 2 pics up hope it helps

If it is the hose I am thinking of-
It is the engine/pump driven bilge pump. One end lays in the bilge at the lowest point. While the engine (and pump) are running, there is a suction on this hose that drains the bilge.
However--- the hose must loop up over the exhaust silencer. There must also be a small plastic fitting at the high point of the hose. There is a small hole in this fitting that is a "vacuum break". Without that fitting, water can syphon back into the boat when you shut off the engine. And you guessed it- sink your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back