Hin #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphatdub

I'm buying this machine and I think it's a 1997 or similar but shouldn't the last 2 digits be 97 if that's the case? The machine is definitely not a 1974! Is there a way to see if thats even a seadoo hin #

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220814-103730_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220814-103730_Gallery.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 28
Might be stolen. That is definitely not a good HIN number. Also the R in the 9th position has to be A to L (for January-A to December-L). R is not possible. And as you said 74 is not possible either. Something fishy going on with this machine.

Does the seller have ownership papers?

Thankyou ! I m not sure of the 9th position stuff but the last 2 digits are allways the year .. right ? I'm thinking someone put a snowmobiles hin tag on it. ? these old machines no one ever seems to have papers. I usually keep screen shots of the adds and conversations and don't buy from people with fake accounts so I feel I'm pretty safe that way, But than again I'm not sure of the law up here in Canada on these things

Yes, the last 2 digits are the year on a pwc. I also was looking up ski-doo vin numbers and this is not from a snowmobile. Their vins are either 9 digits for older models or 17 for newer ones.

So considering the age of the ski, if it was stolen, I doubt anybody is still looking for it and insurance claims have long been settled.

FYI there should be a secondary HIN number inside the hull somewhere. On my 1992 XP it in the front next to the gas tank. I am not sure what you are buying but it looks like an HX. I have seen some people say it is under the oil tank on that model.

So I bought it ... what a disaster. The wheel just about came off on the way home. Wheel bearing was totally shot race actually fuse welded to the axle. Motor looks to be a 657 or 657x 4 wire stator that's about what I know so far it wasn't locked up but someone was trying to drill out the carb bolts, failed than put the airbox back on to hide it. I pulled the motor to get the carbs off and found that the rotary valve wasn't spinning with the crank. Tried to get the flywheel off and it won't let go. Used light heat and pb blaster still nothing. It's been sitting in a bucket of diesel for almost a week now. Trailers fixed new hubs and lights and wiring and the hull actually cleaned up really well. I'm hoping to find a decent used motor up here in Canada for cheep and swap it in before the snow starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back