Hi New to the forum and have a problem with my 2016 260 GTX IS limited capsizing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael@carew.com.au

Setting the scene - 2 jerrys in a carry on the back of the ski and on 2 separate occasions about 1/2 way through a trip whilst sitting still on my ski it has become unstable, leaned to the right side and rolled (capsized). I also find that when I try to clinb back on using the step at the rear with the intention of climbing over the carry rack on the rear it keeps pitching over and rolling to the right.
The only way I have been able to get back on is to hope on the back of another ski and jump across into the seat.
Can any one help me with what I'm doing wrong?

Suspension skis are more top-heavy than non-suspension skis.

Generally speaking, the GTX is a SUPER Stable ski. Take a look in the hull and see if you are taking on water. By adding the fuel cans, you are making it even more top-heavy. Do others have the same issue when using your ski or just you?

No one else has ridden yet but will ask a few mates, will run some tests tomorrow to see it hull holding water is a problem. Thanks for the reply. Will update after the weekend testing

Testing over the weekend I found that under the floating deck foot well on each side of the ski holds 100 ltr of water when level and filled with a hose, this equates to 100kgs of water each side. When in rough water and pulling up to a stop in a slight turn water can fill one of the footwells weighing down the ski on one side causing the ski to lean and being a bit top heavy as the IS is can cause it to roll. I've decided the only solution I can find to ensure stability is to add pods to each side. ski issue.jpg

these are the pods I'm looking at20170826_100416.jpg so hopefully all good

HEY MIKE DID YOU MAKE THESE PODS? OR DID YOU FIND THEM SOMEWHERE? MY 97 XP GIVES VERY BAD STABILITY IN THE WATER ESPCIALLY WITH THE WIFE ON THE BACK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back