Hi Guys, quick question about the 3 up??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Chilmonty

What are the differences between the 2 up base model and the 3 up, besides the price???

Seriously considering one and my nearest dealer only has the 3 up.

My GTI LE still runs like a top, so a Spark would be a great 2nd ski for us!

Any help appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only difference between the two is the weight, length, and obviously the seating capacity. The 3up is roughly 11" longer it has a longer seat and hull. It also has the rear extension mat area.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

The hulls are the same. The extra length comes from a bolt on part that is attached to the 2-up hull. And as noted, the seat is different.

Thanks Guys!

So if the engine is the same, your really paying about a grand for an extra foot of length??

Is that correct?

Thanks Guys!

So if the engine is the same, your really paying about a grand for an extra foot of length??

Is that correct?

and the coast guard sticker certifying you can have three people on it, and the ability to legally tow a tube or skier.

and the coast guard sticker certifying you can have three people on it, and the ability to legally tow a tube or skier.
Still trying to determine if it has mirrors installed before I take delivery of it from the dealer, if a 2 up can legally be used for towing a tuber.

We were stopped by a sheriff one day and he mentioned that we couldnt tow on our 2up since it doesnt have mirrors. So yea if you can mount some up you should legally be able to tow with the 2up.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Technically the 3up should be considered a 2.5 up. It's design to meet the USCG standards as Strizzo said so you can pull a tuber (operator, lookout, rider).

As others have said, 3 up is the same base platform as the 2 up but puts a hull extension and different seat.

Still trying to determine if it has mirrors installed before I take delivery of it from the dealer, if a 2 up can legally be used for towing a tuber.

That goes state to state. In Ohio you MUST have an observer. So the 2-up can not be used to tow behind. You must have a 3-up to do so.

So check the laws in your state...

2 ups are good and a lot of fun but a 3 up is nice there more stable and you can poll a tube or water skier I love my gtx it's nice having the extra room plus the swim play form on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides the 10 inch longer rear deck you get the ROTAX® 900 H.O. 90HP engine on the 3up.

Actually, you can get that motor on the 2 up as well. At least you better be able to, because that is what I ordered on mine, along with the IBR. Still hasn't shown up yet, ordered in Jan, but supposedly mid-June, which it now is.. Grrr..

Actually, you can get that motor on the 2 up as well. At least you better be able to, because that is what I ordered on mine, along with the IBR. Still hasn't shown up yet, ordered in Jan, but supposedly mid-June, which it now is.. Grrr..

Right, 90HP is optional on 2up and standard on 3up. I have 90 with IBR on both my 2up and 3up. not broke in yet but even taking it easy they are quick.

Just what I like to hear. I'd think the extra HP with less weight should really make the 2up fly. any idea off hand of how much weight is added when it has IBR on it?

Nothing in the spec's about IBR weight. Looking at it I would guess 5 to 10 LB max. There is only 18lb difference between the 2up and 3up

Back