hey guys need some advice about a 2003 gtx wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Mace

Hey guys, I have just become a seadoo owner. its a 2003 gtx wake. I have lots of questions and see if anyone can help me out.

* I got it with an engine problem. It has spun a con rod bearing and crank needs a grind. anyone know what the minimum you can grind the big ends to?

* now the engine is apart is there any cheap mods I could do or anything anyone could recommend?

* its the 185 tec 4, is there much difference between the 185 and 215? can you upgrade the 185?

* Anyone got any other ideas or things I should do to the seadoo while I have it stripped down? any cool accessories?

* Oh I need to do a parts order. where is the cheapest online store to order through or does everyone just do some research and get there stuff through multiple sites?

* The gtx has seen better days, what is the best polish or cut and polish to bring back the hull/gell coat ?

Thanks guys

Steve

Thanks for that ill have a browse.. Any other info guys?

With the motor apart you could swap out the flywheel...install a bigger sc....throw on an external ic....more fuel...air intake...ect...ect.

Course...you could always buy a complete 215 in decent shape for prolly what you're gonna spend on your project.

With the motor apart you could swap out the flywheel...install a bigger sc....throw on an external ic....more fuel...air intake...ect...ect.

Course...you could always buy a complete 215 in decent shape for prolly what you're gonna spend on your project.

Is there any difference internal on the engine between the 185 and 215? Cams the same? What's the go with the 185 flywheel? Can get a lightened flywheel or something?
I have been eyeing off an inter cooler.
Do you think a BOV would be a good mod to help the SC?
Bigger supercharger? Can you high flow or regear the red chargers or just buy a black one?
Thanks for your input. Love all this food for thought. I noticed the plastic jet impeller has been swaped with a stainless or aloy one so that's a start.

The 215's sc gear/flywheel has different number of teeth. Just swapping a bigger sc w/o a flywheel in your 185 won't net you what you want. Pistons and a coupla other things are a bit different. But unless you're talkin major boost changes, I personally wouldn't sweat it.

BOV's leak. Cause more probs than what you're gonna be needing any protection from.

I personally use an SS ring. I don't ride in crap...I don't beach my ski. The few times I've ingested a stick it's been turned to salad and caught in the nozzle. I can maintain tighter gap tolerances between the prop and ring...netting better performance. Those who ride in riskier water find the ability to swap a ring and protect their props more to their liking.

Well bugger it ;) I'll just rebuild it, reseal it, messure the ware ring gap and ride it :) know any good cut and polishes or just something to bring back the shine and try and get rid of small scratches in the gel coats?

I haven't found a thing to help with oxidation, or spider cracks for that matter.

You might try a boat repair yard or even a corvette body man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back