hesitates when accelerating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crystapaul

i just got my 3ds running after 4yrs of storage and on the test ride i discovered one of them hesitates when you hit the throttle. I dont think its starving for gas as it catches up and runs at speed. At speed it kinda barks occasionally. I put new plugs in so the spark is good. Any ideas! Thanks!!

Mark the oil tank to be sure it is drinking and pour in premix 5gallon loads till you know the oil is working, compression wet/dry then go thru all the fuel lines and filters, any leak is an air leak that will become a lean/burn out, if in doubt with lines, replace with normal auto parts store grade using about 20 feet.

hi ive having the same prob, running rough then somtimes clears , ive cleaned the fuel tank out . and changed fuel filter, new plugs , cleaned rave vales , still does it, could it be the injectors ,??? any ideas , mines a 787 3d
thanks mark

If it's hesitating. You could be running with the wrong oil.
Have a cracked insulaton on one or both plugs.
Bad HT leads.
Bad electrical conections on your coil.
Check or renew the 5 pin relay that sits in the red holder next to your starter relay. Also pull your fuses and clean them.
Check the fuel tank breather is working.
Clean out the fuel tank incase there's water in there.
Clean the dess post and lanyard key.
Make sure the hull is being emptied by the bilge pump and check all hoses.

well i think its the regulator as i unplug the red wire from it and it ran good , so i got a new one on and its seems to run better out the water , with smoother tick over , so will have to see how it goes on the water , thanks anyway mark
ps im still going to check the fuses and stuff ,

Heres what just cured mine. 2005 782 3D that sat for two years. It would run great for a few minutes and cut out like it ran out of gas or make a hesitation and then quit. Sometimes only a couple hundred yards. If it sat in the water for a while (20 mins) it would restart and run for a little more. Tried all the electrical stuff and decided it was definately fuel related. I took the fuel pump out, siphoned the tank dry, Got my arm right down in the tank and wiped all the orange slimy stuff out (ethanol?) and replaced the fuel filter on the bottom of the pump. STILL DID IT. Upon more research I learned there is another secondary fuel filter between the pump and the main filter. You have to remove the pump from the aluminum cylinder - its easy - just pressure fit, a little wiggle and it comes apart. It was full of garbage and the aluminum base was scaled up. Cleaned it all and cleaned the filter with carb cleaner and it ran like a top. The dealer didn't even know there was a secondary filter in there. These guys are getting a hundred bucks an hour and sometimes I think they just guess. This forum saved the day for me. When putting it back together make sure that inner filter is nice and tight in the bottom - the edges should snap into place cause it has to fit exact.

well mine still does it even after new retifier :confused:
ive cleaned and checked all plug leads and connectors , still bogging down ,
,, i put new plugs in again , and took it out still the same , but i did notice one plug was a bit sooty ,, one looked normal ??
what to try next LOL

Raves

Mine was having the same symptoms so i changed fuel filter (at bottom of pump) and then cleaned and lubed up the RAVE valves. If these are not moving freely, performance can be effected. mine runs great now after having it garaged for a season. Reply if this gets ya going again. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back