Helppppppp!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 3 days ago we bought a 2005 sea doo challenger 180. Yesterday we put it in the water for the first time, 30 seconds off the ramp we went dead in the water. The oil looks milky and is showing strong signs a blown head gasket (they did a very good job hiding this) . Anyone have experience with changing out the head gasket themselves?

We are having problems finding anyone who will work on it.

So 3 days ago we bought a 2005 sea doo challenger 180. Yesterday we put it in the water for the first time, 30 seconds off the ramp we went dead in the water. The oil looks milky and is showing strong signs a blown head gasket (they did a very good job hiding this) . Anyone have experience with changing out the head gasket themselves?

We are having problems finding anyone who will work on it.
WOW that sucks did you call them

Did you perform a compression check prior to purchasing or after the break down? I'd confirm it's the head before I went ahead and tore into it.

Is there coolant in the reservoir tank?

You'll need to determine where the water is coming from before you simply start replacing parts. Coul be the oil cooler, cylinder head, cooling passages, intercooler, or exhaust manifold.

I'm sure there's a shop that can look into this for if you don't have the means to test these systems yourself.

A blown cylinder head should be pretty easy to detect with a simple compression test. The tool is fairly cheap and could possibly even be rented from your local auto parts store.

Here's a post that should be helpful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back