Help with Seat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRed5678

Hey all. I have a 95 GTS but i'm sure this is something dealt with any PWC. Parts of the seat pads are held to the body with plastic "retainer pins/clips" but I can't seem to push pin in enough into the hole to hold it down. It keeps pushing up into the seat pad and not into the body hole. Is there a trick to get this "pins" into the hole correctly? I know it seems like a no brainer but I also know that always a right and wrong way to do anything. It may also be that those aren't the correct pins, are there any specific ones that must be used or are they essentially generic ones the same as different ones used on car body panels?

Replace pins with bolts and big washers . Use wing nuts on the inside. Works great.

You can also purchase bolts withe square piece under the head that slide right down the slots. Got mine at Lowe’s .

Sorry about the multiple posts but just remembering how I did it. Put the bottom 2 in at the same time and put the wing nut on the inside but don’t tighten them . Then pull the top out to insert that bolt. Then tighten all 3.

That's great advice, thank you. I hated the thought of being defeated by a a seat, plastic retainer, and hole. I knew there had to be an idea or two out there somewhere. I sure appreciate it.

Anytime, it works great. You can actually pull the seat back in close to its original shape by doing it this way. Another member on here told me how to do it. I’m just passing it on.

Since we are on the topic of seats... I the cushions on mine are deteriorated and I need to do something about them "before" I replace the seat cover. Any tricks for that??SPX Rear Left.jpgSPX Right Side.jpg

I haven't had to do anything like that with jet ski's. I have taken boat seats to a local "automotive" upholster and they were able to do it for pretty cheap. Any color of vinyl i wanted. And while it may not look just amazing, a cheap quick fix is something i've done on lawnmower/tractor/ ATV seats. Cut the peeled up places off, and cover with liquid plastic. I think i used Flex Seal brand. There are other brands i've seen that are colored, you might could color match close. If you have big chunks, I have also filled in with expanding foam, trimmed when dry, then cover with multiple layers of liquid rubber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back