Help with my Axle.....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rkboyer911

Had a set of bearings go out on my hub on the trailer and it trashed the race. Im not sure how wide the axel is hub to hub so I can replace it. and anyone have a good outlet for a axel.... any help would be great its a 98 trailer.
Thanks in advance

Oh well I don't know if it did then. Ill have to pull it off I just looked at it and I know it trashed the hub maybe i can just get a new hub.......

Got the hub off and the axel is fine now how do I figure out what size hub and bearings to order?? Sorry this is out of my wheel house.....Thanks

Should be numbers on the bearing even left of it. Drive the race out of the Hub and there should be numbers on the back side of the race. The race is inside the Hub and that's what the bearing rides on

The Hub is probably good you probably just need bearings and races just guessing. And do the other wheel while you're at it

just pull the other wheel off. pull bearings out and see what's in that side if you can't read what's left of the ones on the damage hub

I just redid mine, got to a auto value or auto parts store, you will need to take the seal, the bearings, and the race, you get the race of by cleaning the grease out so you can see in the hub, then using a rod and hammer, hit the lip of the race out, take parts to the store and they should be able to help....also make sure there is grease between each bearing before reinstalling

I just redid mine, got to a auto value or auto parts store, you will need to take the seal, the bearings, and the race, you get the race of by cleaning the grease out so you can see in the hub, then using a rod and hammer, hit the lip of the race out, take parts to the store and they should be able to help....also make sure there is grease between each bearing before reinstalling

thanks but mine is all chewed up everything is gone inside the hub...

I was thinking about getting total new hubs thats pre fitted with bearing and bearing buddy but not sure what to get..... summer is ticking away sucks to get the boat running and cannot get it to the lake......LOL

You won't even need to knock the races out just take the bearings and the seal and they can look at those and match them up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back