help with 2005 gti (718 engine)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flkeysdude

Hi Guys...a couple questions...

I just picked up a very nice 2005 GTI that has been in storage and hasn't been run in 2 years. I had to take it to my dealer for a key as the seller was moving and lost it during the move. Dealer put it on the computer and commented that it only had 42 hours/run time. Guy I bought it from said he ran it year before last and it ran fine at that time (of course...!). He said "His friend" winterized it and it has sat since that time. I pumped out most of the old gas (as much as I could get out) and added 3 oz. of StaBil. I then filled it with fresh gas. I emptied and cleaned the fuel filter. Machine beeps and the gas gauge works. I noticed when I pulled the plugs (to check the compression) that the cylinders seemed to be filled with gas or oil. Sucked most of that out and then spun the engine without the plugs in place. Compression seems excellent as I blew the liquid (oil/gas) all over everything...!!!

Anything I should do before I try to start this beast...??? Oil line seems to have a void (bubble). Is this going to hurt anything...??? Should I just take it to the dealer and let them go through it...??? Opinions welcomed...!!!

fire it up, man....just make sure yuo got ALL out of cylinders, prior to installing plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back