Help! The back seats on my 2010 Challenger 180 SE blew out and are gone...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbkirby

While towing I made a fatal mistake and didnt cover it...while towing the two back seats (Portside and Starboard) blew out of the boat and were destroyed...Contacted dealer and those bad boys cost nearly $400 a piece!

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks for your time in advance

I dropped my prt side seat on exposed aggregate. The vinyl was wreck easily. Easily repaired.
I expect the seat back being weaker may have snapped or shattered by the sounds of it.
No suggestions on that one. I didn't think those would have blown out though. Wow.
I'll learn from that myself!
Good luck with the replacement.

It was the bottom part of the seat and when it hit the road the plastic bottom snapped in half completely ruined the whole seat...I really wish I could find some used ones.

Get a jigsaw, make a template from the other one and make your own bases for each side(cheap bit) then cover with marine foam and vinyl. An upholster could do it if you don't feel confident. For me it would be an experience. Unfortunately I'd probably go too far and redo the whole boat in extreme coloring!

The dealer left the centre back unbuttoned and it blew out on the way to the trailer place. Fortunately they ordered a new one for me.

Im waiting for you to do the full dash upgrade!

Get a jigsaw, make a template from the other one and make your own bases for each side(cheap bit) then cover with marine foam and vinyl. An upholster could do it if you don't feel confident. For me it would be an experience. Unfortunately I'd probably go too far and redo the whole boat in extreme coloring!

I would go the marine plywood route and make my own replacements or get someone that does that kinda stuff to make it for you. Will be much less than OEM replacements and the only difference will be in the vinyl and I would bet someone who knows that kinda thing can get you a very close match in terms of color.

was it buttoned? that's weird, cause i tow mine all the time w/o the cover on it.

I do the same, I have however lost a cup holder though (one from behind the drivers seat down near the floor). The double sided tape wore out and somewhere on the NJ turnpike it flew out. I ordered and replacement (about $18, which is BS in my opinion) and re-did all of the remaining ones with new adhesive tape as they were starting to come loose also.

Thats the main reason i only tow the boat covered. Way too many stories on here of people looking for seats because theirs blew out.

I do the same, I have however lost a cup holder though (one from behind the drivers seat down near the floor). The double sided tape wore out and somewhere on the NJ turnpike it flew out. I ordered and replacement (about $18, which is BS in my opinion) and re-did all of the remaining ones with new adhesive tape as they were starting to come loose also.

IVe noticed most of my holders are looseish also. Would I be wise to marine sealant them in?

Marine sealant would probably work as long as it will adhere to and not screw up the gel cote. I just did the 3M tape method because it was cheap, easy to do, and was the same as how it came that way if it ever happened again and someone got hurt or another vehicle was damaged I could say it was the same fix as what was installed by the factory. Whatever that one that flew out hit probably got damaged, the cup holders do have a little weight and at 70+ MPH even a pound or so can do a lot of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back