Help installing OEM Depth finder on 2006 RXT!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael211_2000

Can anyone with experience lend me some guidance on installing the OEM SeaDoo depth finder system on my 2006 RXT? The instructions only include pics of it being installed in an RXP model (though it is for both the RXP and RXT models according to the instructions!). The wiring harness when run as the instructions indicate (as near as I can tell) doesn't begin to make it up to the MPEM module, and frankly I'm a bit uncertain how to find the correct wires to splice it in to... this is where I'm needing some guidance!

I have the transducer mount epoxied to the bottom of the hull in it's correct location and orientation, the transducer and gel-pad installed firmly in the mount against the bottom of the hull, the wiring harness run and zip tied as per the instructions and pics of an RXP installation... now I'm at the point where I'm supposed to cut 2 wires very close to the MPEM module and splice them into the depth finder's wiring harness, but it ends almost 2 feet short of the MPEM (though I suspect the wires I need to cut and splice in to are probably in their harness somewhere nearby the end of the depth finder harness... I just need help figuring out where they are!).

Any help from someone who'd accomplished this task would be greatly appreciated!

ps. I realize it'll still need to be activated by a dealership with their BUDDS system, I just hoped to have all the manual labor of installing it correctly already done so maybe I won't have to leave it with them...

- Michael

Well never mind... I checked with a SeaDoo dealership (since they would have to activate the function anyways) and they quoted me ~$135 to complete the wiring hookup and activate the depth finder function... so that works for me! I'll just have to trailer it to them sometime next week when I have a chance. Takes a load off my mind I was very worried about messing up that MPEM or it's wiring harness... the instructions that came with the transducer kit aren't very clear about how to wire it into the harness. :-\

Have a great Labor Day Weekend all! I may try to head to the lake with my RXT Sunday or Monday or both I think... supposed to be great boating weather around here this holiday weekend! Yay!

- Michael

Dealership got it done the same day I dropped her off! Yay! I went back the next afternoon and picked her up and went straight to the lake had to see how it worked...

Depth Finder.jpg

Now I'm like, how did I ever live without this thing!!! It's awesome! :)

(psst! It's displaying 10 ft in the lower portion of my left hand instrument gauge under the RPM's... you may need to enlarge the pic to read it.)

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back