Help! I flooded the seadoo, left drain plug out.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so heres the deal, please help me troubleshoot this..as the nearest seadoo service center is 2 hours away.

Yesterday, I took my 93 GTS out to the lake with the kids and launched it with the drain plug out. We rode it for about 20 min and then idled for a couple when we realized the boat was very low in the water. Got it towed back to the dock, only about 30 sec. away. Then went I got home I searched on here for help.

So far I have:
Taken out plugs, and turned motor till clear of water.
Recharged battery three times :) to be able to do that.
Taken what I think is the muffler out and shook it till clear of water.
Drained gas tank and refilled with new fuel.
New plugs.

So the seadoo starts just fine now, and idles good. However when i took it back out to run the hell out of it today like everyone said, it would not get up to speed. It starts, idles and revs out of water good before, but as soon as i put it back in the water it seemes really bogged down. Wotn go faster than maybe three times idle speed. Than when checking again at home just now i noticed when i rev it up it hits what seems like a rev limiter very quickly out of water, which it never did before.

Review: Wouldnt start right after flooded, removed plugs and turned motor, started but sounded weird, drained and refilled gas tank, along with cleaning exhaust of any water, starts and idles fine but wont get up to speed on the water, and now sounds like "Vroom...wah wah wah wah wah wah.." when hitting throttle.

Please help me, as this was a great intro seadoo and my kids are so bummed and i cannot get it to the shop till after the holidays, and even than it seems as though repairs wouldnt be worth it since im only invested $800 into it anyway.

Thank you for the help

Thanks for the suggestions, I wish I was competent on a 2stroke to take the carb apart, but I am really not. I am just a basic DIY auto guy, and never worked on anything w/ a carb, only fuel injected. I also do not know where the seperater is at, could you hint me in on that one. I have the repair manual for the Doo, just dont know in which section that would be located.

Thanks for the suggestions, I wish I was competent on a 2stroke to take the carb apart, but I am really not. I am just a basic DIY auto guy, and never worked on anything w/ a carb, only fuel injected. I also do not know where the seperater is at, could you hint me in on that one. I have the repair manual for the Doo, just dont know in which section that would be located.

open the hood, lift out the bin. look inside the hull back toward the steering mount, you should see a small cup hanging from the "roof" of the hull. that is your fuel filter/seperator. unscrew the cup, it will be full of gas and have a mesh filter inside. careful you don't lose the o-ring it may come out with the cup or might not. dump the gas, clean cup and fitler, careful when you replace it is easy to crossthread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, I did that when I was removing and draining the gas tank. Thats what i thought you were talking about but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back